About Band Protocol
Band Protocol is a cross-chain data oracle platform that aggregates and connects real-world data and APIs to smart contracts.. The market cap is $270,537,066 and the 24h volume is $282,782,190.
Staking Band Protocol
Band Protocol blockchain consensus is achieved via Tendermint. Investors can leverage their crypto via staking or delegating. Currently there are 2 options to earn passive income and staking rewards with your Band Protocol investment as outlined below.
Run a Validator
- How to stake BAND?
BAND can be staked from a Ledger hardware wallet using CosmoScan — the official block explorer compatible with the latest version of the Cosmos-SDK.
Additionally, BAND can be staked through various third-party wallet partners such as IBC Wallet, Atomic Wallet, Math Wallet and more!
Please refer to the official tutorials at the bottom of this site.
- How much can i earn staking BAND?
Block rewards are distributed to validators and delegators as an economic incentive for securing the ecosystem through staking. With every block produced, BandChain will be generating BAND at a dynamic annual inflation rate ranging from 7%-20% dependent on the ratio of tokens staked in the entire ecosystem.
Although the annual yield is dynamic, based on a 70% staking ratio a 19.3% annual staking yield is implied. You can calculate the current rewards in the Band Staking Calculator.
- What are the requirements to stake BAND?
There are no requirements to stake BAND other than having enough token to send a transaction to the BandChain network.
- Is there any risk to stake BAND?
Staking BAND carries the risk of token slashing of both independent validator and externally delegated balances in the event of malicious activity or downtime. These penalties ensure full accountability of validators to secure the oracle network and maintain high-quality control standards.
Currently, there are 2 main conditions where tokens are slashed:
- Double Signing (5%): This occurs when a validator signs two blocks at the same height on Chain A & Chain B. There will be a severe 5% penalty imposed on the validator and underlying delegated BAND tokens.
- Downtime (.01%): This occurs if validators have not been available in the last 30000 blocks. If slashed, validators are ‘jailed’ and unable to participate in signing any further blocks until a transaction is sent to BandChain to prove they are online and operational. We will slowly increase this penalty as our validator pool becomes more stable over time.
For this reason, we strongly encourage all delegators to perform due diligence before choosing a validator
Band Protocol is also not responsible or liable for the risks or security flaws of third party wallet partners. Please conduct your due diligence before using applications and transferring funds.