Avalanche is a blockchain platform for new assets, markets and decentralized applications. The market cap is $96,073,793 and the 24h volume is $4,483,015.
Avalanche blockchain consensus is achieved via Avalanche. Investors can leverage their crypto via staking. Currently there is 1 option to earn passive income and staking rewards with your Avalanche investment as outlined below.
- How to stake AVAX?
The most feasible option for network participants is by delegating their tokens to a Validator. This is a simple transaction that can be facilitated via the Avalanche Wallet.
When you delegate stake to a validator you specify:
- The ID of the node you’re delegating to
- When you want to start/stop delegating stake (must be while the validator is validating)
- How many AVAX you are staking
- The address to send any rewards to
- How much can i make delegating my AVAX?
If the validator that you delegate stake to is sufficiently correct and responsive while you delegate stake to them, you receive a reward when you are done delegating to them. Delegators are rewarded according to the same function as validators. However, the validator that you delegate to keeps a portion of your reward. The percentage of your reward that they keep is specified by the validator’s delegation fee rate, If it’s set to 10%, then they keep 10% of any rewards from stake delegated to them.
- What are the requirements to delegate AVAX?
- The minimum amount that a delegator must stake is 25 AVAX
- The minimum amount of time one can stake funds for delegation is 2 weeks
- The maximum amount of time one can stake funds for delegation is 1 year
- The minimum delegation fee rate is 2%
- Are the transaction fees additionally paid to validators?
No. Fees are not paid to any specific validator. Instead, they are burned, thus increasing scarcity of the $AVAX.