What happened in the Staking Space from 30th November to 8th December?
We are glad to present you the 11th Staking Rewards Report. Here we will provide a weekly update on all things Staking. A general overview of the market highlighted research in the space, news on all launched staking networks, updates on upcoming Staking networks, the latest developments from Staking infrastructure providers, and a handful of Staking-Related events.
Citadel.One is the sponsor of the Staking Rewards Report.
Citadel is a multi-asset non-custodial platform to manage and store crypto assets. Stake multiple tokens all within a single interface and seed phrase.
Staking Rewards Report TL/DR
- Polkadot opening for 1000 Validators
- Secret Network Ethereum Bridge
- aelf will launch mainnet 10. december
- Stafi Protocol rFIS Solution
- 1% of all ETH are now being staked
…And many more!
Staking Market Overview
Total Value Participating in Staking (7d change):
Top 7 Coins by Value participating in Staking (7d change):
- Polkadot: 3,307,456,911 (-6.12%)
- Cardano: 2,871,375,841 (+7.19%)
- Tezos: 1,471,724,579 (-9.68%)
- Algorand: 1,120,991,007 (-4.37%)
- Cosmos: 911,481,233 (-9.19%)
- Avalanche: 757,328,110 (-28.28%)
- Tron: 733,385,760 (-7.70%)
- Ethereum: 730,897,339 (+27.74%)
ETH 2.0 could allow Ethereum to truly live up to its vision of providing a new social contract for the global economy founded upon open participation, borderless accessibility, credible neutrality, hyper transparency, and censorship-free interaction. ETH 2.0 will achieve this through scaling Ethereum orders of magnitude, increasing its security, reducing its energy waste, and maximizing its accessibility, all without sacrificing the crucial property of decentralization. Furthermore, ETH 2.0 will not only transform Ethereum the blockchain, it will also transform ETH the asset. The introduction of staking will make ETH a significantly more productive asset than it was under PoW, providing ETH with native yield generating opportunities in addition to its current use as gas and money on Ethereum. The combination will provide ETH with an unprecedented combination of attributes from each of the three asset superclasses: capital assets, commodities, and stores of value, respectively. And it may also create a constant tug of war for ETH demanded by each use case.
Ryan Watkins and Wilson Withiam, senior research analysts at Messari, explain the nuts and bolts of Ethereum 2.0, including how it will transform ETH as an asset and why they believe it will be Ethereum’s most ambitious upgrade yet. Topics include:
- the new proof of stake consensus and why Ethereum is leaving proof of work behind
- the requirements necessary to maintain a validator node on the Ethereum 2.0 network
- why users won’t be able to use their ETH once it is staked on Ethereum 2.0
- the incentives and services that will allow users staking on Ethereum 2.0 to continue using their ETH on Ethereum 1.0
- whether the appeal of DeFi is a threat to Ethereum 2.0 staking
And a lot more!
With this post, Staking Facilities team would like to shed some light on Ethereum 2.0 and provide a source for less technical people to get up to speed in what is probably one of the biggest events in a fairly young, yet striving crypto industry.
Live Networks Updates
This proposal adds two major features: Sapling and BLS12-381 to enable privacy-preserving smart contracts and tickets for native permissions. Updates amendment process by lowering period length to 5 cycles and adding a 5th Adoption Period. Also includes minor Michelson improvements. Full changelog here.
Both parties seek to ease the process of importing personal data into an exchange by data generators, which is based on Staking Derivatives(rToken). This will support the “Authorization” of personal private data in a decentralized way, which can be used by data generators to obtain revenue.
rFIS is a Staking asset redemption certificate issued by StaFi to users. When a user Stakes FIS, StaFi will calculate the amount of rFIS to be obtained by the user based on the current exchange rate between FIS and rFIS. When a user holds rFIS, StaFi will calculate the amount of FIS that can be redeemed based on the Staking income of FIS. rFIS could help FIS nominators unlock the liquidity of staked FIS by trading rFIS any time they want. Original validators have to run validator nodes of StaFi first before they can apply. Related Fees: 0 for minting, 20% staking reward commission split by StaFi and validators, 0.2% redemption fee.
As Matic approach a total of 100 third-party validator nodes on the network (a combination of top-tier and community-run), the team is now preparing to turn off Matic Foundation nodes and open delegations to the third-party validators. This will signal arguably the most significant milestone in the journey of Matic Network so far – full network decentralization!
Announced on Dec. 3, the alliance aims to overcome the decentralized nature of the Polkadot ecosystem, providing a platform for its community to discuss using the Polkadot Network and its underlying Substrate technology stack for DeFi.
Launching December 14th, the Secret Ethereum Bridge brings the power of programmable privacy to ETH and ERC-20s at low cost. Learn how you can earn SCRT via bridge mining, add support for your favorite ERC-20s, and help us scale Secret DeFi.
The Genesis Team is introduced new features to unlock more value in DeFi and make the overall experience more seamless:
- Yield & Collateral swap
- Flash Loans Upgraded
- Repayment with collateral
- Flash liquidations
- Batch Flash Loans
- Debt Tokenization
- Native Credit Delegation
- Gas Optimisations
- Stable & Variable Rate Borrowing
Upcoming Networks Updates
- 15th December 2020 – Blockstack’s Stacks 2.0 Mainnet Launch
- 17th December 2020 – NEM Mainnet Launch
- December – The Graph (GRT) Launch
- December – KardiaChain Mainnet Launch
aelf will launch the mainnet following the steps described in the roadmap below.
Kava StakeDrop stats:
- Total staked KAVA participating: 8,375,895
- KAVA staked with http://AUDIT.one: 487,024
- Over $15M worth of KAVA staked by participants
- Over 620 unique addresses participating
- Kava network voting power increased from 77.74M to 77.92M KAVA
The Solstice testnet will consist of three discrete phases. The first phase will kick off with the Golden Ticket Early Access, which enables strong supporters of Injective to earn additional rewards before the public launch of Solstice. The second phase will be composed of a trading competition. The final phase of Solstice will be announced in the coming weeks.
The coin will enter the market after December 23. Initial coin supply will grow up from 0 to 72M $FLOW during first 11 month only from staking rewards. No other allocations will be transferable/tradable.
Staking Providers Updates
Ethereum developer Danny Ryan’s new proposal would unlock 80% of withdrawal use cases and allow decentralized staking service Rocket Pool to launch within months.
New high-performance DeFi blockchain protocols have replaced outdated and inefficient platforms that have problems with scaling, network bandwidth, and transaction fees that can reach several dollars. Here is a brief overview of the Harmony Protocol platform and a guide on staking ONE tokens via the Guarda web wallet.
A quick guide to The Graph Network by Everstake
The developers presented a solution that enables the creation of high-performance DeFi applications without sacrificing decentralization. This platform, the Graph Network, is precisely discussed in this article.
Upcoming Staking Events
- 9th – 10th December, 2020 – Paris Blockchain Week Summit 2020
- 10th December, 2020 – TezTalks Live #17 Tyler Clark
- 12th-13th December, 2020 – Interchain Conversations II Summit
- 17th December, 2020 – TezTalks Live #18 Alessandro de Carli
- 18th December, 2020 – IRIS Validator Show (TBA)
- 23th-24th March, 2021 – TOKEN2049