Switcheo is a multi-chain DEX platform. The market cap is $14,845,608 and the 24h volume is $247,296.
Switcheo blockchain consensus is achieved via Tendermint. Investors can leverage their crypto via staking or delegating. Currently there are 2 options to earn passive income and staking rewards with your Switcheo investment as outlined below.
Run a Validator Node
- How to stake Switcheo (SWTH)?
SWTH can be delegated to a validator of your choice from the official Switcheo website or via the command line interface directly.
Please refer to the official tutorials at the bottom of this site.
- How much can i make staking SWTH?
Inflationary block rewards are distributed to validators and delegators as an economic incentive for securing the ecosystem through staking. With every block produced, Switcheo will be generating SWTH at a linearly decreasing inflation rate. You can find the current annualized inflation rate here.
The initial inflation rate at network launch was 100%. 1 year after network launch the annualized inflation rate will be 25.14%. After 2 years it will be 9.05% and after 3 years 3.59%. Starting from the 4th year the inflation will be 1.5% and starting from the 5th year the inflation will be 0% and rewards will be derived exclusively from network transaction fees.
The inflation is being distributed between all staking participants. Thus your rewards are higher when more less tokens participate in staking.
You can calculate the current rewards and the rewards assuming any participation rate in the Switcheo Staking Calculator.
- Is there any risk to stake Switcheo (SWTH)?
Staking SWTH carries the risk of token slashing of both independent validator and externally delegated balances in the event of malicious activity or downtime. These penalties ensure full accountability of validators to secure the oracle network and maintain high-quality control standards.
Currently, there are 2 main conditions where tokens are slashed:
- Double Signing (5%): This occurs when a validator signs two blocks at the same height on Chain A & Chain B. There will be a severe 5% penalty imposed on the validator and underlying delegated SWTH tokens.
- Downtime (.01%): This occurs if validators have not been available in the last 30000 blocks. If slashed, validators are ‘jailed’ and unable to participate in signing any further blocks until a transaction is sent to Switcheo to prove they are online and operational. We will slowly increase this penalty as our validator pool becomes more stable over time.
For this reason, we strongly encourage all delegators to perform due diligence before choosing a validator. Staking Rewards has a list of trusted and verified validators.
Switcheo is also not responsible or liable for the risks or security flaws of third party wallet partners. Please conduct your due diligence before using applications and transferring funds.