What happened in the Staking Space from 22nd December to 31st December?
We are glad to present you the 14th Staking Rewards Report. Here we will provide a weekly update on all things Staking. A general overview of the market highlighted research in the space, news on all launched staking networks, updates on upcoming Staking networks, the latest developments from Staking infrastructure providers, and a handful of Staking-Related events.
Citadel.One is the sponsor of the Staking Rewards Report.
Citadel.one is a multi-asset non-custodial platform to manage and store crypto assets. Stake multiple tokens all within a single interface and seed phrase.
Staking Rewards Report TL/DR
- Wrapped Tezos launch by StakerDAO
- Secret Network Ecosystem Pool
- Staking Rewards is Hiring
…And many more!
Staking Market Overview
Check a digest highlighting a year for Ethereum by industry thought leaders. Tim Ogilvie from Staked elaborated on gas usage, Jun Soo Kim of stake.fish talked on Ethereum’s staking ecosystem, Chandler Song from Ankr pointed out the staking growth, and Mike Garland of Alchemy spoke on Eth 2.0 adoption.
Over the episode, they’ve touched upon:
- the inherent shortcoming of proof-of-stake in guaranteeing the canonical chain for a new full node
- why some chains have been designed to disallow rollback beyond certain point
- How Evan thinks faster synching process for new full nodes will allow further decentralization
- Why Anatoly thinks trustless synching doesn’t solve the Byzantine Generals Problem
Proof-of-Stake Was Bigger Than Eth 2.0 in 2020 by Tim Ogilvie
Proof-of-stake has always been the destination for Ethereum and for many other projects in crypto. Some cynicism was inevitable along the way – and certainly, the progress of PoS networks has not been without setbacks. But in 2020 the theory became reality.
Solana is a high-performance scalable blockchain that can support crypto applications. Solana can currently handle 50k transactions per second with an average 400ms block time. Blazing fast.
In this episode hosts talk to Tushar Aggarwal about the vision of Persistence, the power of DeFi and what role will institutions play in it. Bridging of crypto and traditional world finance. Stable coins and their value. Discussed what are aggregators of crypto-liquidity and their use. Ways to aggregate capital in a non-KYC fashion. Business, technology, community and the 3 ingredients required for a successful company. They also mentioned Decrypt Asia and what role does building strong business relationships can have on success.
The move to a PoS consensus will impact the DeFi ecosystem. Stakers who hold ETH in their wallets will earn interest for their troubles. By essentially sharing very similar reward systems, it is possible that the compensation offered by staking may rival the rewards from yield farming and other DeFi products. Even though this may take some time to materialize, potential high rewards in Eth2 may create a conflict and a decreased incentive for DeFi usage. However, innovative solutions to this conflict are already being developed, including tokenized ETH 2.0 bonds. Learn more on Cointelegraph.
Live Networks Updates
The team estimated final numbers based on what they could account for, including the tokens already swapped by the community and those planned to be swapped by Enigma, as well as inflation since network launch.
Ecosystem Pool that will provide a meaningful source of funding for projects and initiatives being built on Secret Network for years to come. As mentioned above, it will begin with 20M SCRT allocated to fueling Secret Network’s growth and securing its sustainability.
The Tezos ecosystem had a successful 2020, with teams from across the world building new products, new developers being onboarded into the ecosystem, and worldwide community engagement, all in the midst of a pandemic that disrupted life as we knew it. Check some highlights of just a few of the many accomplishments in 2020.
Wrapped products present an amazing opportunity for token holders on Proof of Stake Blockchains to have their cake and eat it too. In this case, Wrapped Tezos allows an XTZ holder to continue to bake their Tez and receive baking rewards while simultaneously having a liquid version of their XTZ — what is called a “Wrapped Tez” (wXTZ). Holders can use wXTZ on Tezos DeFi, and builders can use it as a building block (FA1.2) for their DeFi applications and Dapps.
The Polkadot network and community is coming out of 2020 with the wind very much behind its sails. Check a roundup of what the team achieved and what they’re planning to do over the course of 2021.
Tendermint has accomplished for the Cosmos community despite these hardships. In this post, Peng Zhong is going over the highlights for 2020 and also give a preview of what’s coming up next.
Daily Сosmos Outpost – Inflation 7.0%, Bonded 72.1%
- Delegate: 884,128
- Redelegate: 5,863
- Undelegate: 93,597
Upcoming Networks Updates
- December – KardiaChain Mainnet Launch
- January – Kira Network Mainnet Launch
- January – Oraichain Mainnet Launch
Oraichain is a data oracle platform that aggregates and connects Artificial Intelligence APIs to smart contracts and regular applications. The Oraichain validators will create new blocks and run oracle scripts that are used to execute AI requests. The network and validators are designed to have high modularity and scalability, creating a scenario for easy integrations of new features and components into Oraichain’s network.
- At the conclusion of the BSC staking event, BEP20 UNFI on BSC will need to be moved to Ethereum. Only ERC20 tokens will be able to take advantage of this event and join the Unifi GGM. (Details on how to move them below)
- Special promotions will be available to those who stake
- UNFI earned from staking will be claimable immediately
- UNFI can be unstaked during the event
- UNFI must be in a wallet where the token holder has the private key to ensure staking rewards are claimable.
Staking Providers Updates
Guides by Everstake:
- How to stake NEAR at Dokia Capital: a detailed guide
- How to Stake NEAR (Near Protocol) in Moonlet Mobile Wallet: A Simple Guide for Newbies
- How to stake Switcheo (SWTH) on TradeHub
Upcoming Staking Events
- 8th January, 2021 – Akash Network Validator Show
- 22nd January, 2021 – Cosmos Validator Show
- 5th February, 2021 – Secret Network Validator Show (TBA)
- 23th-24th March, 2021 – TOKEN2049
Staking Rewards Updates
We are very glad to announce 6 exciting open positions in our team. Do you want to join our mission as a full-time? We are looking for the following:
- Research Analyst / Listing Manager
- Sales & Digital Marketing Manager
- Website Product Manager
- Software Engineer Backend
- Social Media Manager
- Freelance Writer & Analyst
None of these match, but you would like to join us anyhow ?- talk to us!