Contribute to network security & earn rewards.
Explore & Discover Providers
Choose the Best Validator for Your Own Staking Needs.
Earn Juicy Staking Rewards.
items per page
Learn about Axie Infinity Staking
There are several ways to earn a return on your AXS, including lending them out to custodial providers or through decentralized lending protocols, playing games to earn rewards, or staking them on the native dashboard.
For the best security and control over your funds, we recommend using a Ledger Hardware Wallet. We default to staking AXS, which requires you to have AXS tokens on a Ronin Wallet. Once you have the tokens ready, the steps to stake AXS are as follows:
Step 1: Go the AXS Staking Dashboard and click on “Connect Ronin Wallet” at the top right to connect to your Ronin Wallet.
Step 2: Click on “Stake”, choose the staking amount, and confirm the transaction in your wallet. Please note that you need to have a fraction of RON tokens in your wallet to approve the transaction.
Native staking rewards on AXS are composed of:
Token Inflation: Axie Infinity has a detailed unlock schedule that unlocks tokens for staking rewards monthly. The current monthly distributable staking rewards are 1,566,000, which will continue until July 2025 when they will decrease to 1,044,000 per month.
It’s important to keep in mind that the total annual rewards are distributed among all active stakers. As more tokens are staked, the reward rate decreases. You can use our Staking Calculator to better understand how these factors may impact your rewards.
We strive to make staking as safe and transparent as possible, however, it’s important to consider factors that may influence whether a particular staking option is appropriate for you.
- Slashing Risk: There is no slashing risk involved when staking AXS tokens on the native staking dashboard.
- Unbonding Risk: There is no required lockup or cool-down period when staking AXS tokens on the native staking dashboard. However, you can only claim rewards 24 hours after staking.
- Protocol security risks: There is an inherent risk that the protocol could contain unknown bugs, this risk applies not only to staking but also the investment in AXS.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of all the risks related to staking.
Axie Infinity Shards (AXS) is an ERC-20 governance token for the Axie Universe. The team’s goal with AXS is to align the incentives between the players of the game and the developers in novel and exciting ways.
- Staking: AXS stakers will be able to claim staking rewards. In the early days of Axie Infinity, staking issuance will be high, encouraging a high portion of staked AXS without requiring an additional source of funding. The stakers who are not players or interested in participating in governance could be able to delegate their required “work” to other parties. Over time, there will need to be another source of funding to encourage a high percentage of staked AXS. Potentially, this will be generated by the Community Treasury, which will have a sustainable source of funding from fees related to Axie infinity.
- Governance: AXS stakers are able to participate in key governance votes. AXS stakers will govern the Community Treasury which receives revenue generated by Axie Infinity (i.e. the AXS portion of the breeding fee and 4.25% of all Axie NFT marketplace transactions) as well as a portion of staking rewards. More streams will be added in the future from cosmetic sales, tournament entry fees, licensing fees, and more as new opportunities present themselves.
- In-game Utilities: Players can use AXS to pay for in-game items and interact with the Game Universe, as well as earn AXS when they play various games within the Axie Infinity Universe and through user-generated content initiatives.
The total spply of AXS is capped at 270 million. The initial circulating supply was 59,985,000, which is 22.22% of the total supply. AXS will be unlocked based on a pre-determined schedule which will last for 65 months since the public sale in November 2020.
Initial Token Distribution Breakdown
29% of initial token distributions are allocated to staking rewards. AXS token distribution is as follows:
- Play and Earn fund allocation: 20.00% (locked: issuance starts in Q-Q2 2021）
- Staking Rewards: 29.00% (locked: issuance starts in Q-Q2 2021)
- Ecosystem Fund: 8.00% (Some unlocked, some locked)
- Sky Mavis: 21.00% (Some unlocked, some locked)
- Advisors: 7.00% (Some unlocked, some locked)
- Public Sale: 11.00% (Unlocked)
- Private Sale: 4.00% (Some unlocked, some locked)
Please note the expected issuance of AXS will be slightly lower than the unlock schedule. This is because the Play to Earn and Ecosystem fund allocations will not be issued until the game is ready for a growth phase even if the tokens are unlocked.
Axie Infinity was created in 2018 by Sky Mavis — a technology-focused game developer with a team primarily based in Vietnam. It was co-founded by Trung Nguyen and Aleksander Larsen.
Trung Nguyen is the current CEO of the platform. Nguyen graduated with a BS in computer software engineering, and worked as a software engineer at Anduin Transactions prior to founding Axie Infinity.
Former competitive gamer Aleksander Larsen is also credited as a co-founder and COO of the platform. Larsen has been working in blockchain gaming since 2017. He previously worked as the executive security officer for the Norwegian Government Security Organization and still sits as Secretary of the Board of Directors at the Blockchain Game Alliance.